Monday, April 11, 2011

Hi all, it's been a few months since my last post. Firstly the update on Coorah is that I've stopped working on this layout as I've found i made several mistakes which i have learnt from and will remember for the next layout, such as peco set track switches, too small for 12 wheeled engines such as B class' and such. Also, not using cork underlay.

Though it was sad to scrap all the work I have done, i've gotten into the module idea for layouts. At the moment i have a module which is roughly 1.5 metres long plus an extended fiddle yard which is roughly 60 CM long, the idea was to make a compact shelf layout with a VR scene. I'm struggling to find a track design to suit this, shunting/switching layouts are good but i wanted something more prototypical, which i've found extremely difficult to create in the amount of space i have and as a result it is causing me loads of stress, and i am sometimes questioning the thought of even having a layout.

I hope this isn't the end of modelling for me as i love model trains. If you have any ideas feel free to drop a comment below.

Regards, Alex.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex

    I may be able to help you. I have ripped up several times my track layout which is also based on a VR Theme. I have learnt several things about layout design and the prototype. Have you seen my blog? anyway, email me and we can discuss if you like.

    Cheers
    Shelton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelton,thanks for your concern but i think i've found something simple which i'll start off with. More posts about this idea soon.

    Kind regards,
    Alex.

    ReplyDelete